Worship Responsibilities For Elders At LMPC
Here is the order of worship at LMPC?s 10:00 service: (spoken parts)
Call to Worship (Ben) [The HYMN]
Call to Confession (Associate)
Payer of Confession (Associate)
Assurance of Pardon (Associate)
Passing of Peace (Associate) [Then Gloria]
Welcome and Concerns (Associate)
Introduce baptism/minute for mission (Associate)
Children?s Time (various)
Prayer for Illumination, Scripture
Sermon (Usually senior pastor)
Affirmation of Faith [ELDER] (they may be seated afterwards- you would tell them)
Tithes and Offerings Introduction [ELDER]
Offertory and Doxology
Prayer of Dedication [ELDER] (they may be seated afterwards- you would tell them- unless there is communion in which there would be an invitation to communion while people remain standing)
Prayer of the People (Usually Senior Pastor)
CLOSING PRAYER AND BENEDICTION (Usually the Senior Pastor)
WAYS TO INTRODUCE THE AFFIRMATION OF FAITH:
1. Having heard the Word of God read and the Word of God preached let us affirm our faith using
(The Apostles? Creed or Nicene Creed, or Brief Statement of Faith or ?whatever is in bulletin)
2. Let us say what we believe
3. Let us affirm our faith using ?
WAYS TO INTRODUCE THE OFFERING
1. In response to God?s Word and in worship of Him, let us bring to Him our tithes and offerings.
2. Let us now bring to God our tithes and offerings remembering Jesus Himself said, ?It is more blessed
to give than to receive.? (Acts 20:35)
3. Let us bring to God our tithes and offering remembering the words of scripture: ?Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly. And whoever sows generously will also reap generously.? Each one should give what they have decided in their heart to give, not grudgingly or under compulsion for God loves a cheerful giver.?? ( II Cor. 9:6,7).
[Shortened version- ?God loves a cheerful giver- therefore let us give our tithes and offerings]
4. Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your increase. (Prov. 3:9)
5. Bring an offering for me from each one whose heart prompts them to give (Ex. 25:2b)
6. No one should appear before the Lord empty-handed; each of you should bring a gift in proportion to the way the Lord your God
has blessed you. (Deut. 16:17)
7. Give to the Lord the glory due his name.? Bring an offering and come before Him. (I Chron. 16:29)
8. How can I repay the Lord for all his goodness to me? I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of his people. (Ps. 116:12,14)
1. Yours, O Lord, are grandeur and power, majesty, splendor, and glory.? We dedicate these offering for your use that your name and glory may be spread in this are and around the world. Amen
2. Take these offerings Lord as sacrifices made to you.? Take our hearts as well that we might give ourselves anew to your.
3. O God, your abundant blessing we have all received. Accept and bless this offering that it may promote peace and goodwill among all people, and bring glory to you here as you are glorified with worship and thanks in heaven. Amen.
4. Lord, everything we have is a gift from you.? Accept these gifts with thanks that we return back to you.? Give us courage to live grateful lives for your honor and glory.? Amen.
5. We know, O Lord that we do not live by bread alone.? Help us in our giving to trust in your provision, walking by faith not sight.
6. In hard times, Lord, help us to remember that life itself is a gift from you.? Give us grace, O Lord, to not focus on what we do not have, but on what you have provided for us this day- our daily bread.? Bless these offerings and us for your use and glory.
THE ELDER WILL PROCESS IN WITH THE PASTOR(S).? The elder will sit with the acolytes and recess out with the pastors as well.?? Please have people sit down after you pray.