How to Join LMPC
As Christ welcomes all of us, we welcome you to Lake Murray Presbyterian. ?We hope you will feel led to make LMPC your church home. There are three ways to unite with our church:
Profession of Faith…?you have never professed your faith, joined a church or been baptized.
Re-affirmation of Faith…?you have joined a church but you have been inactive or your church will not send a ?transfer of letter.
By Transfer of Letter… you are a member in good standing in another church. ?This recognizes your previous commitment to Christ and allows our church to recognize the validity of another.
Find out more: ?Contact one of our ministers. ?They would welcome the opportunity to talk to you .
Joining by transfer of letter?
- Pray about joining.
- After worship, come to the first pew in front of the baptism font. ? The Session will meet with you and vote to accept you pending the receipt of your letter of transfer.
- You will complete an information form. ?On the form, write down the name(s) of your former church. ?We will contact them for your letter. ?For your convenience, you may fill out the form and send electronically?before you meet with the Session.
- Your picture will be taken for posting on the New Member bulletin board.
- On a Sunday of your choosing, you will be recognized. ?After the Benediction, the minister will ask you to join him at the front door for the congregation to welcome you.
Joining the church by Profession or Reaffirmation of Faith?
- Pray about joining.
- After worship, come to the first pew in front of the baptism font.? The Session will meet with you and will vote to accept you pending your baptism and answering to the questions listed below.
- You will complete an information form. ?For your convenience, you may fill out the form and submit?electronically before you meet the Session.
- ?Your picture will be taken for posting on the New Member bulletin board.
- On a Sunday of your choosing you will be recognized. ?After the Benediction, the minister will ask you to join him at the front door for the congregation to welcome you.
Questions Asked When Joining By Profession or Reaffirmation?
1 – Do you admit that you are a sinner in need of God?s mercy?? Do you renounce all evil and powers in the world that defy God?s righteousness and love, and do you renounce the ways of sin?
2 – Do you turn to Jesus Christ and accept Him as your Lord and Savior?
3 – Will you be Christ?s faithful disciple, obeying His Word, and showing His love, to your life?s end?
4 – Will you be a faithful member of this congregation, share in its worship and ministry through your prayers and gifts, your study and service, and so fulfill your calling to be a disciple of Jesus Christ?
5 – Will you devote yourself to the church?s teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of bread and prayers, promising to further its purity and peace?
After you Join
- We encourage you to continue to come and take part in worship on a regular basis. ?We offer a new member dinner and Dr. Sloan teaches a “What Do Presbyterians Believe” class.
- We encourage you to find a group to join.
- We encourage you to walk with God privately.
- We encourage you to read the Bible on their own, pray regularly, including the blessing of food at meals.