Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them.”
We minister to our children in many ways. Our programs provide the context where questioning curiosity, biblical learning and faith formation coincide in Sunday School and Vacation Bible School. From an early age, our children experience the love and nurture of a Christian community through fellowship and Missions.
Jane Jermac is our Children’s Ministry Director. She provides a time and place for children to make a personal connection with God and for mentoring by adults who are personally committed to making a difference in the children’s lives.
- Children’s Bibles are given to 1st graders at the beginning of each school year.
- Each Winter/Spring we have a First Communion Class which teaches the meaning of Christ’s death and resurrection as well as the meaning of communion. Our children can know what they are doing when they take part and it may be more meaningful to them.
- In the summer we offer Vacation Bible School which teaches children Bible stories, memory work, crafts, games and they take part in a mission project.
- The Confirmation Class receives Bibles when they join the church.
CHILDREN ARE A PART OF OUR WORSHIP
- We baptize children… welcoming them into our church family (there are 7 household baptisms in the New Testament)… this not only dedicates them but welcomes them into the family of faith.Our hope is that they will grow up to claim the faith for themselves.
- We have a Children’s Sermon to relate children to our worship… all ages may take part.
- We have Children’s Church for 3 years to Kindergarten in Room 205 in the Fellowship Hall building
CHILDREN’S CHOIR meets at 8:25 in the Choir room each week and sings at least once a quarter. Dr. Janet Roberts leads this ministry.
Don’t forget our Girl Scouts (elementary age), Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts (see our Scouts Page).
Lake Murray Children take part in We Care food drives, the Justin Pepper Toy Drive,and in Operation Christmas Child with Samaritan’s Purse. LMPC children bring corn for the Thanksgiving meal that Lake Murray provides for the HUB
We built (dedicated 12/20/2014) a new Children’s Ministry Building for State of the Art Christian Education for our children.
A NURSERY… Is provided for Sunday services, some Bible Studies and our All Church events. This provides a safe, secure and nurturing environment for our children. It is in Room 204, Fellowship Hall Building, Jennifer Williams and Kristen Lamkin are our paid nursery workers each Sunday. Volunteers also help in the Nursery each Sunday.
CHILDREN’S and YOUTH SUNDAY SCHOOL:
Nursery- Under 3- Children’s Ministry Building (CMB) Nursery Room- Ms. Jennifer/Courtney
Preschool-3 & 4s- CMB Room 314- Elizabeth Bemis/Lindsay Furse/Kelly Rogers
K-1st- K-1- CMB- 434- Derrick/Graham/Harrington/Berry; “Part of God’s Family”
2nd- 8 years- CMB-433- Harris/Brown/Strawhorn “Following God’s Directions”
3rd & 4th Grade- CMB- 432- Susan Adams/Beth & Blaine Burnett- Get Ready,Set,Worship
5th-7th- Room 5 1st floor of Gym- Leveretts; “Feasting on the Word”
Confirmation (8th Grade+)- Room 4 1st floor of Gym- Rev. Tracie
Senior Highs- 9th-12th- Room 1 1st floor of Gym- Taylor Rider et al.