We minister to our children in many ways. Our programs provide the context where questioning curiosity, biblical learning and faith formation coincide in Sunday School and Vacation Bible School. From an early age, our children experience the love and nurture of a Christian community through fellowship and Missions.
Jane Jermac is our Children’s Ministry Director. She provides a time and place for children to make a personal connection with God and for mentoring by adults who are personally committed to making a difference in the children’s lives.
- Children’s Bibles are given to 1st graders at the beginning of each school year.
- Each Winter/Spring we have a First Communion Class which teaches the meaning of Christ’s death and resurrection as well as the meaning of communion. Our children can know what they are doing when they take part and it may be more meaningful to them.
- In the summer we offer Vacation Bible School which teaches children Bible stories, memory work, crafts, games and they take part in a mission project.
- The Confirmation Class receives Bibles when they join the church.
CHILDREN ARE A PART OF OUR WORSHIP
- We baptize children… welcoming them into our church family (there are 7 household baptisms in the New Testament)… this not only dedicates them but welcomes them into the family of faith.Our hope is that they will grow up to claim the faith for themselves.
- We have a Children’s Sermon to relate children to our worship… all ages may take part.
- We have Children’s Church for 3 years to Kindergarten in Room 205 in the Fellowship Hall building
CHILDREN’S CHOIR meets at 8:25 in the Choir room each week and sings at least once a quarter. Dr. Janet Roberts leads this ministry.
Don’t forget our Girl Scouts (elementary age), Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts (see our Scouts Page).
Lake Murray Children take part in We Care food drives, the Justin Pepper Toy Drive,and in Operation Christmas Child with Samaritan’s Purse. LMPC children bring corn for the Thanksgiving meal that Lake Murray provides for the HUB
We are building a Children’s Ministry Building with a goal of finishing June, 2014. It will have dedicated Preschool and Sunday School space for our children. Currently, we sometimes double or triple up during the week with adults and youth. This will also allow us to begin new children’s ministries such as after school care and full-time daycare.
We hope to have a State of the Art Children’s Ministry Building to go with our state of the art Children’s Ministry!
A NURSERY… Is provided for Sunday services, some Bible Studies and our All Church events. This provides a safe, secure and nurturing environment for our children. It is in Room 204, Fellowship Hall Building, Jennifer Williams and Kristen Lamkin are our paid nursery workers each Sunday. Volunteers also help in the Nursery each Sunday.
CHILDREN’S and YOUTH SUNDAY SCHOOL:
Nursery ~ Room 204, Fellowship Hall Building
Preschool and Kindergarten ~ Room 202, Fellowship Hall Building
1st and 2nd Grade ~ Rroom 206, Fellowship Hall Building
3rd- 5th grade ~ Room 108, Gym Building, 2nd floor
6th-7th grade ~ Room 2, (game room), Gym Building, 1st floor
8th Grade ~ Confirmtion Class, Room 100, Gym Building 2nd floor
9th-12th Grade ~ Sr. Hi Lounge, Gym Building, 1st floor